Search HSG

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tutor available for dyslexic students

From Denise Purrier:

1 in 5 children have Dyslexia.  I spent 2 years trying to teach my son to read three letter words.  He can read now, but I wish I had known it was dyslexia because they learn differently.
I am a Tutor for Children who struggle to read and spell because of Dyslexia.
The child most likely to benefit from this type of one-on-one tutoring: is a terrible speller, has great difficulty sounding out an unknown word-despite being taught phonics, has enormous difficulty memorizing-especially math facts, often has a very odd pencil grip, poor penmanship, and finds tying their shoes and telling time on a clock difficult.
That's the type of student I specialize in and they are likely to be dyslexic. 
I tutor my own children using the Barton Reading and Spelling System and am currently looking to tutor additional children in the Grants Pass area.  If you recognize the signs of dyslexia in your struggling learner, contact me to discuss the possibility of tutoring your child or even help you find out more information. Thanks, Denise(541) 237-9091

No comments:

Post a Comment