Search HSG

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Q & A with Colonel Dave Dotterrer:  An Invitation for Homeschoolers


Q & A with Colonel Dave Dotterrer:  An Invitation for Homeschoolers

When:  Thursday, March 20th, 6:30pm
Where:  Republican Headquarters, 311 E. Main St. (downtown Medford)
What:  An opportunity for parents and students to ask questions of
Col. Dave Dotterrer, and represent the homeschooling families of Southern Oregon

At the Pro-Life Rally in downtown Medford this past January, I met Colonel Dave Dotterrer, who will be running for State Senator in this 2014 election.  I was grateful that Col. Dotterrer was present on that very chilly day, supporting the sanctity of life. I wondered what his views were on homeschooling, and if this was a candidate I could vote for in the coming elections. With this in mind, Nicholas (my son) and I decided to host a meeting with Col. Dotterrer, so that the homeschooling families in our area would have an opportunity to get to know this candidate, and to voice their concerns and questions.

As a parent with an interest in the future of homeschooling in Oregon, I am thankful to have the opportunity to personally engage in conversation a public servant who may be representing my family and the interests of my community at the Capitol. It is also important to give our young people the opportunity to be involved in the political process of our nation, voice their concerns, and be representatives of their generation. We encourage students to attend the meeting and ask questions of Col. Dotterrer.

Please join us and invite other homeschooling families as well.  We hope to see you there!

Veronika Comerchero and Nicholas Comerchero

No comments:

Post a Comment